1. LEADERSHIP OF DISCUSSION: The Naqib can lead discussion in some sessions and is also
encouraged to delegate this responsibility to various members of the usra. Whoever has the responsibility for leading discussions
must take 20-30 minutes preparing for the session
2. RECORDING ATTENDANCE: The Naqib must have a register in which members sign their name
and the times of arrival. Signing-in should be done before the usrat starts any formal work.
3. START AND END: Members should start by reciting surat al fatihat and
should adjourn with recitation of tasbih kaffarat and surat al ‘asr
4. TIME MANAGEMENT: The Naqibat must make sure that all three components of the usra are
covered. The members should start with Qur’an study followed by usrat discourse and end with discussion of current issues.
Time should be left at the end to deal with any administrative matters that may arise or to solve any personal problems of
members that may arise.
5. MANAGEMENT OF THE DISCUSSIONS: The Naqibat should make sure that all members participate.
This can be achieved by being pro-active ie addressing questions to individuals or inviting them to make comments. If a member
is unable to say anything or is unwilling or otherwise reluctant, the Naqibat should not insist but should move on to the
next member. Very talkative members should not be allowed to dominate the discussions. The Naqibat should politely re-direct
any speaker who veers off the topic of discussion.
6. USRAT MATERIAL: The Naqib should make sure that every member has a personal copy of
the usrat manual. Each member should also bring along a copy of the Qur’an with translation in addition to whetever
other books have been assigned
7. THE ETIQUETTE, ADAB, OF USRAT: Members should greet one another before starting. Any member wanting to go out for
a valid reason must obtain the permission of the Naqibat. All members must learn to listen and not interrupt others. They
must obey the instructions of the Naqibat. Members must avoid quarrels or loud arguments. A spirit of tolerance should exist
with the understanding that there could be more than one way of being right. Excessive laughing or joking should be avoided.
Members should sit with proper adab. Recitation of the Qur’an should be done with khushu